[Nickle] Debian Package -- help!

Ireland Peddlar ireland_peddlar at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 02:35:21 PDT 2003

I'm currently in the process of updating the nickle package, mainly for the
linux lab at PSU.  However, after fixing a couple bugs that resulted from
Linus not having the correct packages, I came across a couple bugs I
couldn't figure out.  Keith or Bart, I was wondering if you could help be
with this.

me at linus:~/nickle$ debuild binary
<a whole bunch of text spews out, I read through it, there were no errors,
except for...>
./configure: line 2646: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./configure: line 2646: `AC_CONFIG_FILES('
make[1]: *** [config.status] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/me/nickle'
make: *** [install] Error 2
me at linus:~/nickle$

I looked at configure at line 2646.  The block of text there is:
AC_CONFIG_FILES(     <----This is line 2646
Makefile
builtin/Makefile
test/Makefile
bench/Makefile
date-sh
nickle.1)

I'm not really sure where the error is coming from or how to fix it.  If
someone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Erin Chapman