[Fontconfig] Re: cross-compiling fontconfig

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 16 16:32:43 PDT 2003

Around 15 o'clock on Jun 16, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

>>but still run into problems during make and make install, when it tries to
>>execute the (just built) fc-lang or fc-cache programs.

> Easy, all you have to do is setup an AM_CONDITIONAL case statement in
> configure.ac to see if $build == $host.  If the test fails, then do not
>run the conditionalized portions of the respective Makefile.am's.

The fc-lang (and new fc-glyphname) programs must be run as a part of the
build process and so must be compiled with the native compiler rather than
the cross compiler.

I have no idea what is needed to fix the automake files to make all of
this happen; I'll have to fix it at some point, and help would be
appreciated...