[Fontconfig] cross-compiling fontconfig

Tony Houghton lists at realh.co.uk
Mon Jun 16 20:57:06 PDT 2003

In <E19RyR2-0000LT-00 at localhost>, Keith Packard wrote:

> Around 12 o'clock on Jun 16, Jace Krull wrote:
>
> > but still run into problems during make and make install, when it tries to
> > execute the (just built) fc-lang or fc-cache programs.
>
> We'll need to skip this part of the install in a cross compile
> environment; if anyone has suggestions on how to detect that, please speak
> up and we'll try to get it patched.

The GNU autotools book has a whole chapter about this, too much for me
to parse and summarise here quickly. There's probably a section in info
autoconf too. The most useful thing is it sets a shell variable called
cross_compiling ("yes" or "no"). The book also says you need to watch
out for AC_TRY_RUN and AC_CHECK_SIZEOF, and some others that look a bit
obscure.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk