[Fontconfig] Installed 2.1.94 - dependencies, fails to read win\fonts and lo

sean darcy fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 13:34:38 -0400

The good news. I built from cvs by deleting docs from makefile.am. fc-cache
now works with the windows fonts directory. *.fon no longer cause seg.
faults. Great work - 2.2 looks ready.

But...the cvs mytery remains.

1. I do have docbook2html ( and docbook2txt and docbook2man.

>fonts-conf.5 is not in CVS and can only be built with the docbook tools,
>so '--disable-doc' can't be used from CVS.  Perhaps that should be fixed.
>
>The mystery here is that the configure script automatically selects
>'--disable-doc' if it can't find docbook2html, and it appears that this is
>happening on your sytem for some unknown reason.

2. So configure finds it. From configure.log:

configure:9756: checking for docbook2html
configure:9772: found /usr/bin/docbook2html
configure:9783: result: yes
configure:9966: creating ./config.status

>Can you look at 'config.log' to make sure it says:
>
>	configure:6909: checking for docbook2html
>
>Then look in config.status for
>
>	s%@HASDOCBOOK@%yes%g
3. config.status has:

s,@HASDOCBOOK@,yes,;t t
s,@ENABLE_DOCS_TRUE@,#,;t t
s,@ENABLE_DOCS_FALSE@,,;t t
s,@DOCDIR@,${datadir}/doc/fontconfig,;t t

So it expects to build the docs, because it has docbook2*, but fails.

FWIW, I also deleted docbook2html

Which gave config.status:
s,@HASDOCBOOK@,no,;t t
s,@ENABLE_DOCS_TRUE@,#,;t t
s,@ENABLE_DOCS_FALSE@,,;t t
s,@DOCDIR@,${datadir}/doc/fontconfig,;t t

which failed to build with the *same* problem.

>That'll give us a hint where the problem might lie.
>
>-keith

I hope it gives you some hint - I'm befuddled.

In any event - congrats on 2.2