[Calypso] creating a calendar

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Feb 9 13:16:42 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 12:27:54AM +0100, chrysn wrote:
> i might be missing something trivial, but i actually do wonder how
> creation of a new calendar should go about.
>
> when i follow the instructions in the README and then open up davdroid
> on it, /private/test presents itself as an address book. sure, were i to
> open /provate/test in a client that does not rely on auto-discovery that
> much, things would work out, but not with davdroid.
>
> (i'm not sure whether it would detect the type correctly if items were
> to be present, but we can't assume that to be the case for new setups).
>
> my patch queue contains patches that (in a first patch) only report
> D:resourcetype C:calendar or A:addressbook (and not both) when davdroid
> detects a particular use case, and (in a second patch) adds support for
> per-collection .calypso-collection config files that allow setting that
> behavior.
THere is already such a setting called 'is-calendar'.

E.g. my calendar collection contains the following .calypso-collection
configuration file:

[collection]
# Advertise this collection as a calendar. If this setting is absent,
# the
# collection's content is inspected for a guess.
is-calendar = True
# Advertise this collection as an address book. Behaves in analogy to
# is-calendar.
is-addressbook = False

It looks like the patch I'm using that added this support was written
by you back in 2014:

commit 69726bcb92a7aad177eb3af3cae1aa3302347a63
Author: chrysn <chrysn at fsfe.org>
Date:   Fri Apr 4 13:24:40 2014 +0200

    add per-collection configuration

    this is necessary to support empty calendars/address books
with clients
    that rely on autodiscovery.

    pre-existing collections need per-coll

Cheers,