[Snek] Here is my nix derivation (updated for Snek 1.9)

Anthony Carrico acarrico at memebeam.org
Fri Jan 26 10:08:27 PST 2024

On 1/25/24 12:45, Anthony Carrico wrote:
> I'll send more details in a follow up message.

I saw your message Keith, but first here are some of
those details:

### Here I am on a Debian box with Nix, but no snekde.

~/snekde$ snekde -h
bash: snekde: command not found

### I've created the default.nix from my previous message,
### and a little file called shell.nix which defines a
### development shell. These two files could be part of a
### project repo to make it easy to enter the project's
### development environment on different machines:

~/snekde$ ls
default.nix  shell.nix

~/snekde$ cat shell.nix
{ pkgs ? import <nixpkgs> {} }:
pkgs.mkShell {
   nativeBuildInputs = [ (pkgs.callPackage ./default.nix {}) ];
}

### I can enter the development environment:

~/snekde$ nix-shell
# ... verbose output the first time you enter the shell ...

### Let's confirm that snekde is available inside the shell:

[nix-shell:~/snekde]$ snekde -h
usage: snekde [-h] [--list] [--port PORT] [file ...]

positional arguments:
   file         Read file into edit window

   -h, --help   show this help message and exit
   --list       List available serial devices
   --port PORT  Serial device

### Let's confirm that snekde is not available outside the shell:

[nix-shell:~/snekde]$ exit
exit

~/snekde$ snekde
bash: snekde: command not found