[Snek] Here is my nix derivation (updated for Snek 1.9)

Anthony Carrico acarrico at memebeam.org
Fri Jan 26 16:36:27 PST 2024

> On 1/25/24 12:45, Anthony Carrico wrote:
> I'll send more details in a follow up message.

My previous message showed how to a create custom development
environment including snekde. Another option is to overlay snekde onto
nixpkgs making it available just like any other package. This is a nice
way make snekde available in all the nix tools for a user or the system.

This is an overlay:

final: prev: { snekde = final.callPackage snekde/default.nix {}; }

It's a procedure of two arguments returning a set which will be merged
with the package set. Various hooks in the nix tools apply a sequence of
overlays to nixpkgs, and there is also syntax for using overlays in the
nix language's import expression.

Refer to the nix manual and/or wiki for specifics. Most likely you would
add the overlay in ~/.config/nixpkgs/overlays/ for a user. Under NixOS
you could put it in /etc/nixos/configuration.nix for the whole system.

--
Anthony Carrico