[Nickle] SIGINT and thread termination rules

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Feb 6 13:27:26 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 13:05 -0800, Bart Massey wrote:

> Oh.  That's kind of sad, but I can live with it, I guess---I
> hardly ever actually do that.

Ok, that's what I figured. I don't actually remember the last time I
'restarted' a thread after interrupting it. The current debugger isn't
very capable in any case; it would be nice to fix that.

> I still don't get what goes wrong if we leave the unwinding
> undone until the debugger is exited or an exception is
> handled.  It would require a little machinery, I guess, to
> run unwindings for a handled exception in the proper
> context...

At this point, the debugger is launched precisely where the thread would
have been terminated, which has to occur after the unwinding stage.
Making sure that exiting the debugger would always lead to running the
unwind code might be difficult.

keith.packard at intel.com