[Nickle]Nickle urgent to-do list

Bart Massey nickle@keithp.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 11:10:23 -0700

0. Document semantics of assignment and parameter passing
   clearly in the manpage.  I *think* we're doing deep copy
   except of pointers these days, no?
1. Document changed type semantics (auto-demotion) in
   the manpage.
2. Document the scope of names and the new declaration and
   definition rules, including forward type and function
   decls, in the manpage.
3. Add max/min operators.  (My suggestion is _>_ and _<_, but
   I'm open to alternatives.)
4. Add a reference operator, for typechecking
   and convenience.  (My suggestion was && but
   on reflection I don't like that.  &_ ?  Would establish
   a pattern.  Could change exponentiation again to _^_ and
   eliminate the next item.)
5. Hack the grammar to allow **int to be parsed correctly.
6. Get Debian source and binary packages to auto-build
   correctly, set up apt-able deb archive.
7. Add my sprintf() code.

I'll try to find a student.

	Bart Massey