[Fontconfig] No bitmap fonts in XFree86 4.3.0

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Tue May 27 18:07:45 PDT 2003

Around 13 o'clock on May 27, Tony Houghton wrote:

> How old would it have to be not to work? I've just deleted the files
> from the Debian package (2.1.4) and verified with ldd that fc-cache is
> using the libfreetype2 that came with XFree86 4.3, and rerun it with -f,
> but it still isn't working.

You deleted the working version and left the broken one.  XFree86 4.3
includes ancient FreeType bits which should never be installed.

Make sure you include:

	#define HasFontconfig           YES
	#define HasExpat                YES
	#define HasFreetype2            YES

in your config/cf/host.def file before building X or you'll end up with
whatever broken versions are left around in XFree86 CVS.