[Fontconfig] pcf font preferences

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Thu, 01 May 2003 07:39:51 -0700

Around 22 o'clock on Apr 30, Ryan Lovett wrote:

> For example when I have 'Fixed 10' selected in gnome-terminal, any of
> the above fonts will be used over 6x13 (where the above fonts also follow some
> sort of pecking order).

6x13 is a semicondensed face, so you'll have to make sure you request it
by setting the width to semicondensed instead of normal.  You can do this
in your .fonts.conf with:

        <match target="pattern">
		<!-- match family "fixed" -->
                <test name="family">
                        <string>fixed</string>
                </test>
		<!-- make sure width wasn't specified -->
                <test name="width" qual="all">
                        <int>-1</int>
                </test>
		<!-- set the width to semicondensed to prefer 6x13 -->
                <edit name="width">
                        <const>semicondensed</const>
                </edit>
        </match>