[Fontconfig] rotation by matrix make trouble

Kang Jeong-Hee fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:57:26 +0900

Hi.

according to kp said on #unicode, I tried number of sets of matrix.
and unexpected behaviour found;

1. 1 0 0 1 default set and similar variable just make font variables without rotation.

2. 1 0 0 -1 or -1 0 0 1 to flip by x or y axis, it really trouble.
nagitive element of matrix seems to make change on axis of whole text.
i.e. with y-flip matrix, glyph printed on above of textview.
so I can only one or two lines of pixel of the glyphs.
and I think that CRLF make line further up, not down as normal.

I suspect this is used for BiDi. but cannot sure.

3. 0 1 -1 0 for 90 degrees rotation also make trouble.
I cannot sure this case is differ from 2.
if the absence of vertical metric is matter, or not...

<match target="font">
        <test name="family">
                <string>GulimChe</string>
        </test>
        <!-- multiply the matrix to slant the font -->
        <edit name="matrix" mode="assign">
                <times>
                        <name>matrix</name>
                        <matrix>