[Fontconfig] Re: Strange font mixup.

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jun 28 20:47:52 PDT 2003

Around 16 o'clock on Jun 28, Ambrose Li wrote:

> I notice that fontconfig/Freetype2 produces lots of font mixups
> for Type 1, some of these I can figure out to be at the Freetype
> level. But I don't know enough to figure out all of them.

Figuring out font characteristics for Type1 fonts is a mixture of art and
science; the specs are rather vague and contradictory.  Fontconfig has
been slowly improving in this area; you might try using a build from CVS
to see if that makes any difference.  If not, please submit a bug report
referencing the approprite broken fonts and we'll get them to work somehow.