[Fontconfig] Re: Strange font mixup.

Ambrose Li acli at ada.dhs.org
Sat Jun 28 17:50:36 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 08:33:08AM -0500, CRH wrote:

> Running latest sid here too. I have noticed problems with
> several fonts so far - the Couriers, Nimbus family, the list
> goes on.
>
> Some are italic and shouldn't be. Some are regular and should
> be italic, etc.
>
> Fontconfig is all messed up in Debian sid right now.

Are these Type 1 fonts or TrueType fonts?

I notice that fontconfig/Freetype2 produces lots of font mixups
for Type 1, some of these I can figure out to be at the Freetype
level. But I don't know enough to figure out all of them.

Is there good a way to check whether fontconfig or Freetype2
produces a particular font mixup?

Regards,
--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <a.c.li at ieee.org>