[Fontconfig] How to add dir in fonts.conf

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:44:06 -0700

Around 14 o'clock on Apr 29, Paul Sprencz wrote:

> I use GNOME2.2 stack and I want to install my bdf font file.
> I have same problem to install this font permamently .

You can install it for an individual user by placing it in $HOME/.fonts
(creating that directory if necessary) or by placing it anywhere under
/usr/share/fonts which is always searched by fontconfig.  There shouldn't
be any need to edit any configuration files to install fonts.

After installing, you can update the cached information about available
fonts by running 'fc-cache'.

-keith