[Fontconfig] Installed 2.1.94 - dependencies, fails to read win\fonts and lo

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 17:20:18 -0700

Around 19 o'clock on Apr 19, "sean darcy" wrote:

> ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --disable-docs
> make
>
> same result. I don't think it's a problem with the docs. It looks like a
> Makefile issue:

Ah.  Looks like there are "issues" with building stuff from CVS without
having all of the docbook tools installed.

--disable-docs doesn't disable the installation of the documents, it only
disables the rules which build them.  Hence, attempts to build in the
'doc' directory will fail unless the files already exist.

I'd like to make sure the documentation can be installed, but I don't want
to make building from tarballs require the docbook tools.  I think that
means we want to require docbook when building from CVS but not when
building from the tarball.  Perhaps more hacks to configure.in will be
required, although I'm not quite sure what shape they should take.

> FWIW, I've got all the redhat docbook stuff:

Looks like configure.in checks for docbook2html; if that is in your path,
things should build cleanly.  Otherwise, the configure script is doing
something weird...

-keith