[Calypso] calypso projecet organization

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Jan 31 12:21:49 PST 2016

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> writes:

> So I would suggest to drop the patch review process on the mailing list,
> allow the core developers (the current project admins, perhaps?) to
> commit directly and make sure all commits result in an email to a
> commits mailing list.

I'd rather keep the review process for the master branch so that people
can trust master to have some kind of review process in place. What has
worked in other environments is to also let people push patches to
non-master branches for wider review. This lets people see all of the
work in a single git repository while the master branch provides a
notion of what the group has agreed to.

> I believe the Debian BTS should be used, but it only make sense if the
> Debian version and the alioth git version are close to each other.  This
> is not the case at the moment, so I did not see the point in reporting
> bugs to bts about issues on alioth.  After all, I have no idea if the
> problem exist in the Debian version, which is two years old.  To fix
> this, upload the current version to unstable. :)

An idea of what the 'current version' means would be a good start?