[Calypso] Incorrect parsing of rrule?

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Wed Jan 27 23:01:18 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 07:47:40AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Guido Günther]
> >> My intention was to not pass on the exception from do report but rather
> >> set a status code in multistatus so other rrules get applied correctly.
> >
> > Ping? Any other opinions on that one?
>
> I did not understand your proposal.  The request is breaking the
> requirement of the specification, and I do not understand how you expect
> us to move on when this happen.  What should a range search without
> limits mean?  No limits is the most obvious interpretation, but then the
> range search part is basicly ignored, which isn't any better, I believe.

The question is not if we fail the request but rather how badly. Do we
fail the full one or only this part of the multistatus. See the
report() function on how it builds up a multistatus (207) reply with
several status embedded in the response body (which in turn can be any
HTTP status code).

That's why I would opt for only failing this particular rule (with an
appropriate status in the XML set via report() instead of failing the
whole request.

Cheers,
 -- Guido