[Calypso] How may I help with calypso?

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Tue Jan 26 09:42:27 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:17:36AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Guido Günther]
> > Hi Petter,
>
> Hi.  :)
>
> > Great! I think the other people active on the list share the same
> > goal!  Most of us focusing on the private part at the moment as far as
> > I can tell.
>
> Right.  Are you using the alioth version of calypso yourself, or do you
> use a patched version?  What about the rest of you?

The version I sync with is a bit outdated but unpatched. It would be
interesting if patched means patched and recently rebased or just
patched. In the later case we need to spend much more time on testing
when applying patches.

> > It just takes time to review. If nobody answers just ping again after
> > a couple of days.
>
> Will try to remember to do so.
>

> > I do think it would be a great improvement if we would at least pass
> > some of the tests giving us some more test coveratge.
>
> Sound like a good idea.  I have not yet looked at it, so I do not know
> how hard it is to get this test up and running.
>

> > I started to add this as an autopkgtest but this never got finished.
>
> What did you plan for this test to do?

Run the selective tests that pass and make sure we don't regress. Then
work on from here to pass more tests.

> > This is mostly a lack of time I guess. Digging out, cleaning up and
> > reviewing existing patches would help a lot. That's why we moved to
> > alioth in September.
>
> I'll try, but for me to keep the current speed, I need someone to review
> and apply the patches in a timely manner or I will end up being
> sidetracked by other projects while I wait for feedback. :)

This can happen to all of us using calypso.
Cheers,
 -- Guido