[Calypso] How may I help with calypso?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Jan 26 01:17:36 PST 2016

[Guido Günther]
> Hi Petter,

Hi.  :)

> Great! I think the other people active on the list share the same
> goal!  Most of us focusing on the private part at the moment as far as
> I can tell.

Right.  Are you using the alioth version of calypso yourself, or do you
use a patched version?  What about the rest of you?

> It just takes time to review. If nobody answers just ping again after
> a couple of days.

Will try to remember to do so.

> I do think it would be a great improvement if we would at least pass
> some of the tests giving us some more test coveratge.

Sound like a good idea.  I have not yet looked at it, so I do not know
how hard it is to get this test up and running.

> I started to add this as an autopkgtest but this never got finished.

What did you plan for this test to do?

> This is mostly a lack of time I guess. Digging out, cleaning up and
> reviewing existing patches would help a lot. That's why we moved to
> alioth in September.

I'll try, but for me to keep the current speed, I need someone to review
and apply the patches in a timely manner or I will end up being
sidetracked by other projects while I wait for feedback. :)

> Regarding this patch: I send it to the list in 2014 and got no
> repsonse and then totally forgot about it. Will resend.

Right.  I am a newcomer on the list, so I do not know what happened
before January this year. :)

Perhaps we will see each other on IRC too? :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen