[Calypso] [Calypso-maint] calypso is marked for autoremoval from testing

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Thu Dec 8 00:21:26 PST 2016

Hi Jelmer,
On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 02:29:19AM +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 04:39:08AM +0000, Debian testing autoremoval watch wrote:
> > calypso 1.5-3 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2016-12-18
> >
> > It (build-)depends on packages with these RC bugs:
> > 841247: python-vobject: Unicode handling broken in 0.9.x with python 2.7
>
> It looks like ENCODING handling has been fixed upstream, but they've
> kept the change in behaviour - using unicode strings in its API
> everywhere rather than bytestrings.
>
> https://github.com/eventable/vobject/issues/51
>
> It's not just calypso that depends on vobject though, but also triton
> and some other packages. I'll see if I can patch the bytestring
> support back in..

Other packages don't seem to have issues and since it seems upstream
wants to stick to internal unicode I wonder if we should change calypso?
If we do so we could probably do the switch to python3 altogether.

I have looking into this on my TODO list (and it slowly bubbles up) but
if you can have a look sooner that's great. I'll ping once I start
working on it.
Cheers,
 -- Guido