[Calypso] calypso is marked for autoremoval from testing

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Wed Dec 7 18:29:19 PST 2016

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 04:39:08AM +0000, Debian testing autoremoval watch wrote:
> calypso 1.5-3 is marked for autoremoval from testing on 2016-12-18
>
> It (build-)depends on packages with these RC bugs:
> 841247: python-vobject: Unicode handling broken in 0.9.x with python 2.7

It looks like ENCODING handling has been fixed upstream, but they've
kept the change in behaviour - using unicode strings in its API
everywhere rather than bytestrings.

https://github.com/eventable/vobject/issues/51

It's not just calypso that depends on vobject though, but also triton
and some other packages. I'll see if I can patch the bytestring
support back in..