[Calypso] General Calypso usage

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at jelmer.uk
Sun Dec 20 08:22:41 PST 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 03:50:55PM +0100, Stefan wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have running an calypso instance on my virtual Debian 8 box since
> today. That is why I like to play with calypso a bit. Until now, I
> figured out how to create appointments and contacts. That seems to be
> straight forward.Now I like to do more serious stuff.
>
> Some questions appeared I would like to ask this way. Here it goes.
>
> *According to the file setup.py, a website called
> http://www.calypso.org/ shall exist. This website, however, seems to be
> offline or moved somewhere else. Any idea?
I don't think that website ever existed. Perhaps we should update it
to point at Keith's calypso page.

> *Doe you have experience with autostart setup of calypso? Some day in
> the future I would like to run a calypso instance on a rather
> operational and real server.
See calypso-init in the git repo for an example init script.

> *Does any documentation exist apart from the git repo?
I'm not aware of anything outside of the git repo.

> *I am not an expert of git, but I could imagine running a remote repo to
> backup a calypso database. Does anybody has experience with that?
Yes, just backing up the git repo should be sufficient. The repo isn't
special in any way so you can just clone it to make a backup.

Cheers,

Jelmer