[Calypso] calypso with davdroid: in the direction of principals

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Sun Apr 6 00:53:54 PDT 2014

Hi,
On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 03:03:25PM +0200, chrysn wrote:
> according to personal url preferences, you can set user_principal to
> "/%(user)s/" or "/+%(user)s/" or "/principals/%(user)s/". (name clashes
> might be an issue if you name your address book like the addressbook
> home set, but yeah.
>
> > We could then use this to query home-collection like:
> >
> > ~/.config/calypso/calendars/
> >                       `- princ1/
> >                               `- collection1
> >                               `- collection2
> >                       `- princ2/
> >                               `- collectionfoo
> >                               `- collectionbar
> >
> > by simply retrurning all git repositories below princ1/ as
> > home-collections for each user.
>
> the current implementation tries to build a collection from all
> non-hidden directories under the storage folder, and lists them in the
> home sets depending on permissions and their type.

This looks similar to what I started at the DGM but discarded it for
simplicity in the above layout. But if we want more flexibility I'm fine
with that too.

> the patch set i'm suggesting is quite comprehensive. apart from the
> previously suggested patches (some of which i've built upon, otherwise
> i'd have started from master), [1] changes:

I had a short look and it looks good. I didn't get around to test it you
though.
Cheers,
 -- Guido

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/GroupwareMeeting2014-03-28to30