[Calypso] migration report from radicale

chrysn chrysn at fsfe.org
Sun Sep 1 07:16:15 PDT 2013

hello calypso users,

just having finished my migration from radicale to calypso, here's what
i'd like to share:

* i had already kept backups of the vcf and ics files (as downloaded by
  cadaver) versioned in git. when i tried to use that tree directly
  (instead of creating an empty git repo and uploading the individual
  files using a groupware client), i had to set the X-CALYPSO-NAME
  fields in the files to something reasonable; otherwise, they might
  have been filled with the full URLs some clients chose to assign to
  the UID field (which is the fallback for X-CALYPSO-NAME).

  things went wrong when clients tried to download
  /chrysn/addresses/http://my_old_server:5232/chrysn/addresses/0000-11111-2222.vcf
  files. i assume those problems only occur when one uses old files
  directly instead of uploading them.

* evolution just works fine

* android's carddavsync (nonfree) works fine too after doing the
  X-CALYPSO-NAME thing mentioned above

* the android client aCal does not work, because it interprets metadata
  sent back from the server and decides that the calendar is an address
  book.

* be careful when migrating config files -- the look&feel is the same,
  but many fields changed their names (auth/acl, storage).

so far, things work smoothly in my small 3-user 2000-entry 5-client
setup.

thanks for gitifying groupware :-)
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom