[Picolibc] Potential issue with meson 0.53

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Jan 19 17:53:47 PST 2020

"Stuart Donnan" <sdonnan at fastmail.com> writes:

> The version 0.53 of meson fails to configure the project for ARM. My
> assumption is that this is a meson problem since 0.52.1 worked ok.

Nope, it's a bug in the picolibc configuration which meson 0.53
uncovers.

Picolibc was mis-using the 'ld' value in the [binaries] section in each
cross compilation configuration file. It turns out that this value
(unlike all of the others in this section) isn't supposed to point to a
program, but rather should contain the value passed to the '-fuse-ld='
gcc parameter.

In our case, we don't want to change from the default gcc linker, so we
don't want to set this value at all.

I've pushed a patch to master removing this field and tested with meson
0.53.0.

If you've created your own cross compilation configuration file, you'll
want to remove the 'ld' entry too.

Thanks for your bug report!