[Snek] ev3 build: musl or static older libc, or ?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Feb 19 15:15:42 PST 2020

"Mikhail Gusarov" <dottedmag at dottedmag.net> writes:

> My question is what would you like to see in the Makefile in patch I'm going
> to post. I doubt it's schroot setup?

For now, I'd suggest just building with whatever compiler and libc are
available and make the selection of a suitable compiler a problem for
the builder and not stick all of that mess in the Makefile for now.

I'll have to mess with things when building releases and Debian
anyways. Debian packages, in particular, will be extra fun as they can't
rely on external network services to build, so no docker images for
that, nor could we download and build musl...

What issues are there when linking against a new glibc and running
against an old one? That seems odd to me...