[Snek] Using 'black' to format python code in snek

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Tue Feb 18 13:00:17 PST 2020

Hi Keith,

On 18 Feb 2020, at 21:40, "Keith Packard" wrote:

> I've pushed a fairly long series of patches that manages to reformat all
> of the python code in snek using 'black'. That includes all of the snek
> test cases as well, and that ended up being a bit larger project than I
> expected.

What do you think about using an auto-formatter for C code?

The most surprising thing writing C again after couple of years of Go was
the amount of manual formatting needed to write code.

I even added a config file for clang-format in snek-ev3, but only managed
to produce something resembling, but not identical to the code style in
the rest of the project.

Best,
Misha.