[Snek] Is EV3 port of Snek a good idea?
dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Sat Feb 8 01:00:21 PST 2020
On 8 Feb 2020, at 4:03, Keith Packard wrote:
> The EV3 sensors and actuators are way more sophisticated than what
> used on other devices, so I'm not sure if it makes sense, but I'd love
> to see the API look more like how Snek works on other boards, which
> the LEGO Logo semantics:
I thought a bit about it, and here's the mapping — any ideas about
EV3 ports: 1-4 sensors, A-D actuators. `talkto` sets the current port.
# Tacho motor
- `setpower` sets the speed, 0..1 (XXX max speed is 3 rotations per
second - should it be 0..3?)
- `setleft` / `setright` as usual
- `on` / `off` as usual
- `onfor` as usual
- `read` reads the current speed
XXX Tacho motors know their position and can rotate to reach position X
XXX and to increase position by X. How to expose it?
# Push button
- `read` as usual: 0/1
# Distance sensor
- `read` as usual: 0..n centimetres, `inf` if unable to sense anything
# Light sensor
This sensor has 4 modes.
- XXX `setmode(COLOR)`? `setpower(COLOR)`?
Or use `read(A_COLOR)`? But mode needs to be set before read, or the
won't have time to happen after mode switch.
- `read` as usual, results depend on the current mode:
- reflected strength: strength of sensor's LED reflected from object,
- ambient strength: strength of ambient light, 0..1
- color: "none" / "black" / "blue" / "green" / "yellow" / "red" /
"white" / "brown"
- RGB: (0, 0, 0) .. (1, 1, 1)
XXX Not even started on this yet.
More information about the Snek