[Rockets] OROC Wilsonville model launch this Saturday, March 8, 12 to 3pm

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Mar 3 10:01:45 PST 2014

Oregon Rocketry is hosting a Model Rocket Launch event at Memorial Park
in Wilsonville, Oregon on Saturday, March 8th, 2014. The range is open
for flights between 12:00pm and 3:00pm, setup begins at 11:30am.

Class 1 rockets under the new FAR101 unmanned rocket rules include; (1)
Uses no more than 125 grams (4.4 ounces) of propellant; (2) Uses a
slow-burning propellant; (3) Is made of paper, wood, or breakable
plastic; (4) Contains no substantial metal parts; and (5) Weighs no more
than 1,500 grams (53 ounces), including the propellant.

Because our launch site is only 800' across, NAR safety rules limit us
to D motors. You must also stay below our altitude limits. Conditions of
the site mostly limit us to 1000 feet or cloud deck. Ask the LCO if
restrictions apply and approval for flight.

Join us. Bring the family. Bring some rockets and have a great time
flying. No RSVP necessary, just show up. When you arrive at the park,
turn to the left and follow the road into the South East section of the
field.

 Wilsonville Memorial Park
 8100 SW Wilsonville Rd.
 Wilsonville, OR 97070

Fliers - all NAR rules apply, plus any additional rules / restrictions
for this site. A fliers meeting right at the start, so everyone is on
the same page for rules / restrictions. LCO tables are not for prep,
please use the available tables in the prep area. This is a sanctioned
launch event by National Association of Rocketry through NAR section 555
OREO (Steve Tarr).

Support staff; We are planning to arrive 30 minutes early to set
up. We'll have a six rod launch pad (has 1/8 and 3/16 rods), and
two LCO tables, flight line stakes, and a couple of launch
controllers. We need extra tables for the prep area. We'll hold a fliers
meeting right at the start, so everyone is on the same page for rules /
restrictions.

The current weather forecast looks like it'll be a bit wet, but without
a lot of wind. We'll have a canopy to shelter under if there are
showers, but bring rain gear and footwear suitable for the soggy lawn.

Here's the rest of the launch schedule for Wilsonville in 2014:

 * April 13, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * May 11, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * June 8, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * July 13, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * August 10, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * No launch in September, see you at Fillible's Folly!
 * October 12, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
 * November 8, Saturday 12pm to 3pm, Public Launch

Hope to see you there!

keith.packard at intel.com