[Rockets] January 12 Wilsonville Memorial Park Launch Report

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sun Jan 13 23:24:11 PST 2013

We had beautiful weather on Saturday! No rain at all, and even
occasional glare from the sun through the clouds. It was, however, a bit
chilly. We had a small but dedicated group of rocketeers along with a
few spectators as well.

	Launches:               28
	Successful flights:     27
	Flyers:                 10
	Most Flights:           5 John L and Bob W

We flew steadily from noon until around 2:20, at which point my feet
were cold and the lure of warmth drove us off the field.

Thanks much to John L and Tim R who helped me test my new MicroPeak
altimeter -- I managed to get data from 10 of the 28 launches.

Joe B flew a couple of test flights for a potential golf ball duration
contest. Fortunately those landed far enough way to not cause any
problems; he's still got a few kinks to work out in the parachute
deployment for that airframe.

And, thanks to all of the flyers for help setting up and take down the
range today. We were done flying by 2:20, and I think we were done
cleaning up before 2:45.

Thanks to everyone who came, I hope you had as much fun as I did.

The Memorial Park schedule for the rest of the year is:

    * Feb 9  Saturday 12-3
    * Mar 9  Saturday 12-3
    * Apr 14 Sunday    2-5
    * May 12 Sunday    2-5