[Rockets] OROC Wilsonville model launch this weekend, Saturday January 8, 12-3pm

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 4 13:27:52 PST 2011

Oregon Rocketry is hosting a Model Rocket Launch event at Memorial Park
in Wilsonville, Oregon on Saturday, January 8th, 2011. The range is open
for flights between 12:00noon and 3:00pm, setup begins at 11:30pm.

Class 1 rockets under the new FAR101 unmanned rocket rules include; (1)
Uses no more than 125 grams (4.4 ounces) of propellant; (2) Uses a
slow-burning propellant; (3) Is made of paper, wood, or breakable
plastic; (4) Contains no substantial metal parts; and (5) Weighs no more
than 1,500 grams (53 ounces), including the propellant. A through G
motors are welcome, and even some H motors. You must however stay below
our altitude limits. Conditions of the site mostly limit us to 1000 feet
or cloud deck. Clear conditions and zero/low wind may permit higher
fights. Ask the LCO if restrictions apply and approval for flight.

Join us. Bring the family. Bring some rockets and have a great time
flying. No RSVP necessary, just show up. When you arrive at the park,
turn to the left and follow the road into the South East section of the
field.

 Wilsonville Memorial Park
 8100 SW Wilsonville Rd.
 Wilsonville, OR 97070

Fliers - all NAR rules apply, plus any additional rules / restrictions
for this site. A fliers meeting right at the start, so everyone is on
the same page for rules / restrictions. LCO tables are not for prep,
please use the available tables in the prep area. This is a sanctioned
launch event by National Association of Rocketry through NAR section 555
OREO (Steve Tarr).

Support staff; We are planning to arrive 30 minutes early to set
up. We'll have a six rod launch pad (has 1/8, 3/8, and 1/4" rods), and
two LCO tables, flight line stakes, and a couple of launch
controllers. We need extra tables for the prep area. We'll hold a fliers
meeting right at the start, so everyone is on the same page for rules /
restrictions.

The weather is supposed to be cloudy and there may be rain, so bring a
rain jacket and warm waterproof shoes.

This is the first OROC launch of the year, the schedule for this year is:

    * January 8, Saturday 12pm to 3pm, Public Launch
    * February 12, Saturday 12pm to 3pm, Public Launch
    * March 12, Saturday 12pm to 3pm, Public Launch
    * April 10, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * May 8, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * June 12, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * July 10, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * August 14, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * October 9, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch
    * November 13, Sunday 2pm to 5pm, Public Launch

All winter launches are on Saturday from noon until 3pm, the rest of the
year we fly on Sunday from 2pm until 5pm.  Schedules and other details
for all of the the OROC launches can be found on the

http://oregonrocketry.org/cal/cal-launch.htm

Hope to see you there!

keith.packard at intel.com