[Rockets] OROC Wilsonville model launch this weekend, Sunday June 13, 2pm-5pm

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jun 9 21:15:28 PDT 2010

Oregon Rocketry is hosting a Model Rocket Launch event at Memorial Park
in Wilsonville, Oregon on Sunday, June 13th, 2010. The range is open
for flights between 2:00pm and 5:00pm, setup begins at 1:00pm.

Class 1 rockets under the new FAR101 unmanned rocket rules include; (1)
Uses no more than 125 grams (4.4 ounces) of propellant; (2) Uses a
slow-burning propellant; (3) Is made of paper, wood, or breakable
plastic; (4) Contains no substantial metal parts; and (5) Weighs no more
than 1,500 grams (53 ounces), including the propellant. A through G
motors are welcome, and even some H motors. You must however stay below
our altitude limits. Conditions of the site mostly limit us to 1000 feet
or cloud deck. Clear conditions and zero/low wind may permit higher
fights. Ask the LCO if restrictions apply and approval for flight.

Join us. Bring the family. Bring some rockets and have a great time
flying. No RSVP necessary, just show up. When you arrive at the park,
turn to the left and follow the road into the South East section of the
field.

 Wilsonville Memorial Park
 8100 SW Wilsonville Rd.
 Wilsonville, OR 97070

Fliers; Event time is 2:00pm - 5:00pm; all NAR rules apply, plus any
additional rules / restrictions for this site. A fliers meeting right
at the start, so everyone is on the same page for rules /
restrictions. LCO tables are not for prep, please use the available
tables in the prep area. This is a sanctioned launch event by National
Association of Rocketry through NAR section 555 OREO (Steve Tarr).

Support staff;
We are planning to arrive by 1:00pm to set up. We'll have a six rod
launch pad (has 1/8, 3/8, and 1/4" rods), and two LCO tables, flight
line stakes, and a couple of launch controllers. So no OROC GSE is
needed for this event. We need extra tables for the prep area. We'll
hold a fliers meeting right at noon, so everyone is on the same page for
rules / restrictions.

The weather is supposed to be sunny and hot, so bring shade and water,
wear a hat and slather on the sunscreen.

I've gotten reservations made through the rest of the season, so stick
them on your calendar and plan to come enjoy the delights of rocket
launching almost every month:

 Sunday, Jun 13, 2:00-5:00
 Sunday, Aug  8, 2:00-5:00
 Sunday, Oct 10, 2:00-5:00
 Sunday, Nov 14, 2:00-5:00

Note there will not be a launch in July due to conflicts with a little
league tournament. In September, OROC hosts a launch in Sheridan, Oregon
over the weekend of the 10-12th; please come join us there in lieu of
flying at the park that month.

Schedules and other details for all of the the OROC launches can be
found on the

http://oregonrocketry.org/cal/cal-launch.htm

Hope to see you there!

keith.packard at intel.com