[Rockets] [RocketsNW] OROC May 10 model launch report

Robert Krausert lawndart.robert at gmail.com
Sat May 30 16:26:25 PDT 2009

Great launch report. Truly appreciate the effort and the outreach to grow
the hobby. From the report, this seemed to be a big huge success.

While OROC is know for high power to low power. But having only events that
might be too far away to "check out" the hobby. Do not get me wrong. Many
curious will make the 200 mile journey, or wait for the Sheridan launch. Now
having a place more local and a chance to get experience can only give this
great club a bigger chance for people making the long trip for MORE... These
local launches have filled some big gaps.

Forest Grove started out as a second site. I'm not giving up. In the Fall,
I'm going to try again to find a location. Approval complete, now I just
need to get commits on a site.

Willamette valley hobby shops are jazzed to finally have a place only the
distance of Wilsonville to send customers for rocketry. Well done.

Cheers,
Robert