[Nickle] Mutual tail-recursion

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:16:27 PST 2006

On 2/20/06, Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 08:41 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
>
> > Neat. The only pie-in-the-sky feature that remains for me to ask is,
> > thus, higher-order functions.. Can a function return a function, and
> > be passed functions as arguments?
>
> Functions are first-class objects, so of course this works.

Apologies, this is definitely a case of RTFM. So right now the only
snag with using higher-order functions is that its type signature is
either very tightly specified (e.g. bool(int,int) ) or
loosely-specified (e.g. bool(poly,poly) ), without a possibility of
saying bool(a,a) that parametric polymorphism gives?

Looking forward to that feature making it in. It's time to start
reading the technical specifications..

--
Michel Salim
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~msalim