[Nickle] More FreeBSD and Mint

Bart Massey bart at po8.org
Sun Sep 19 23:29:24 PDT 2004

Keith and I are thinking hard about the excellent questions
you raise.  I need to understand the parsing technology a
little better, embarrassingly enough :-).  I'm kind of
thinking about the way that you rewrite parsing to be
ambiguous in the absence of explicit operator precedence and
associativity, and how it relates to the dangling else and
other such well-known problems.  It seems like one ought to
be able to say that one wants the parse in which all the
occurrences of certain subtrees are on the right (or left).
Does this make sense to anyone?

	Bart

[...]