[Nickle].deb finally available

Barton C Massey bart@cs.pdx.edu
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 01:45:42 -0700

I've finally figured out how to build a .deb for Nickle :-).
I've stuck the appropriate files (the .deb and a couple of
PGP signature files) in nickle.org:~bart/debian/ for Keith
to stick in sensible places at his convenience.  I also
bumped the version number to 2.00, because this 1.99.x thing
was just getting silly.  We should probably build a release
tarball and RPM with this number also.

Remaining questions:

Does anyone know what to do about the fact that Nickle can
be built to depend on libreadline4 or not?  Right now, it
just does, since it is so much nicer to use this way, but it
would be nice to support both alternatives.

How do I make the source available by the apt-get source
command?  Presumably I just put the tarball in some sensible
place?

If folks want to try this out and let me know, I'll try to
get it into the distro at some point RSN.

	Bart