[Nickle]Printing of rationals

Carl Worth cworth@east.isi.edu
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:45:22 -0400

Keith and Bart,

To start off... Thanks for nickle! It make a dandy calculator.

Now, the first thing I tried to do was to show off the fancy arbitrary
precision rationals to my friend. Unfortunately, this is what I got:

	$ nickle
	> 1/8!
	0.0000248{015873}
	> 1/16!
	4.7{79477332387385e-14

I tried this with the CVS version as well as 1.99.1 and 1.99.2 and got
the same behavior.

Keith, I know I saw longer repeating parts in the output you showed me
a couple of weeks ago. Do I need to configure something to get more
than 18 digits printed? (didn't see much in the man page with regard to
output formatting).

-Carl

PS. Don't you hate having to deal with users... <sigh>. ;-)