[Nickle]Return in catch block?

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:39:52 -0700

Around 12 o'clock on Apr 17, Barton C Massey wrote:

> Keith: remind me again what we decided a return in a catch
> block is supposed to do?  Does it currently do it?

Well, it certainly doesn't do anything reasonable; twixt is broken as well.
They're also broken with continue.

We never figured out how it's supposed to work, but I don't think it's all
that complicated.  For try/catch, it's particularily easy, the exception
is uncaught as control passes through.  For twixt, control should pass
through the exit clause and then to the enclosing function.

Continue should do the same stuff, but pass control back to the top of the
loop.

Both of these would be trivial in a continuation passing compiler.

-keith