[Fontconfig] Strange font mixup.

Jonathan Brandmeyer fontconfig@fontconfig.org
26 May 2003 14:49:31 -0400

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 13:54, Keith Packard wrote:
> 	$ fc-list 'Courier 10 Pitch' family style weight slant
>
> The output should be:
>
> 	Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold Italic:slant=100:weight=200
> 	Courier 10 Pitch:style=Italic:slant=100:weight=80
> 	Courier 10 Pitch:style=Regular:slant=0:weight=80
> 	Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold:slant=0:weight=200
>
> If you aren't seeing 'slant=100' for the italic versions, then fontconfig
> is misdetecting these fonts.  Fontconfig had problems correctly
> identifying Type1 fonts which have been fixed in current CVS (at least,
> that's what generated the output above).

That seems to be the problem here.  I ran `dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig`
and that made all of the fonts non-itallic.  That was enough for now,
since I don't use the itallic versions.  Running fc-list as above shows
that the slants are all zero.

I'm going to file a bug with the debian maintainer to see if a patch can
be backported.  What would point him in the best direction to find it in
CVS? (eg files/directories affected, etc.)

Thanks,
Jonathan