[Fontconfig] Re: Fontconfig performance question.

Krzysztof Dabrowski fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 14:05:24 +0200

Dnia wtorek 13 maj 2003 01:59 pm, Juliusz Chroboczek napisa=C5=82:
> KD> Correct me, but the whole idea of the cache is to save it locally
>
> >> Think about font directories mounted over NFS.
>
> KD> we are not saving fonts. We are saving a data-structure dump
> KD> separaterly for each user in HIS home directory and by design it
> KD> should not be available to anyone.
>
> Think about home directories mounted over NFS, then.
>
>                                         Juliusz

what has NFS to do with the endianes? :) this could only be a problem if yo=
u=20
mount your home dir on 2 different unixes and you expect them to have 100%=
=20
compatible fontconfig implementation. We can just put a marker in the file=
=20
header that will serve as OS indicator and if the cache-file is from other=
=20
os, fontconfig can simply re-create it. It's not a problem.

Kris