[Fontconfig] FW: FT_Get_Next_Char problems

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 08:13:37 -0800

Around 9 o'clock on Mar 28, "Maisenhelder, Joel" wrote:

> And thus upgraded fonconfig to 2.1. All I get now are  fc-cache: relocation
> error: /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol:
> FT_Get_Next_Char

That means the version of FreeType you have installed is not the same as
the version used to build fontconfig.

> Or if I remove the dirs it has trouble with I get. No fonts found. What is
> going on?

That's a known bug with version 2.1 of fontconfig which is fixed by
running 'fc-cache -f'.  That should be fixed in 2.1.92, but you'll have to
fix your FreeType version before you can run that.

-keith