[Fontconfig] Polygon too large X error

Dmitry Karasik dmitry at karasik.eu.org
Sat Jun 28 23:32:44 PDT 2003

Hello,

How one would prevent 'polygon request too large'
Xlib error? Is Xft capable of breaking the glyph in
smaller polygons, or probably there are X extensions
that allow large X requests?

This happens when I output font with pixel size larger than
~500x500 pixels.

Another question, which can serve as a safe fallback
for the said problem: how I would ask Xft to create
a bitmap glyph for me, for local use, without sending
it back and forth to the X server?

Yet another question: how to output Xft text with
logical raster operations? Agree, xor-ing antialiased
text has little use, but it is not so for the non-antialiased.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH