[Fontconfig] crappy ttf with readhat 9

jean.guldener at freesurf.fr jean.guldener at freesurf.fr
Sat Jun 28 23:13:16 PDT 2003

I have installed MS truetype fonts like explained in dedicated howtos.
The fonts work in my applications but the quality of displaying (with and
without anti-aliasing) is cristal clear in X applications like xterms motif
apps and realy crappy in gnome apps and the desktop.

I use readhat 9, with fontconfig.

If I use the fonts with xterm like:
xterm -fn "-microsoft-verdana-medium-r-normal-*-12-120-75-75-p-0-iso8859-1"

then the fonts are displayed cristal clear,

but when I use "Verdena 12" in gedit the fonts are displayed crappy.

Is the isue to configure fontconfig and how ? and how could I get docs for
fontconfig ?

Ce service de mailing vous est offert par http://www.freesurf.fr.
FreeSurf, votre acces ADSL a partir de 29 euros/mois
http://www.freesurf.fr/adsl/