[Fontconfig] Re: fontconfig-config?

Nicholas Wourms nwourms at myrealbox.com
Sat Jun 14 19:53:43 PDT 2003

Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 0 o'clock on Jun 13, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
>

>>Can one can explain me why fontconfig-config has been removed from
>>the fontconfig package?
>

> I switched the configuration from autoconf to automake and didn't bother
> to bring that app forwards.  I prefer 'pkg-config', but if you think
> fontconfig-config is necessary, please feel free to submit a working
> version to the bugzilla...

Keith,

The acutual fix is rather trivial, becuase you didn't really "loose"
anything by moving to Automake.  Attached is a patch which resurrects
and properly generates fontconfig-config.  Also included in the patch is
a new AM_CONDITIONAL to handle shared library generation on native
Cygwin builds.  Yes, Cygwin is different from mingw, in that we are
targeting Cygwin/XFree86 rather then the generic w32api.  Anyhow, it was
fairly trivial to add that support in.  Also, I've cleaned up the
configure.in a bit to be more in compliance with the current autoconf
standards.  Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Nicholas