[Fontconfig] cross-compiling fontconfig

Jace Krull krull at balatech.com
Mon Jun 16 13:58:54 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm in the process of cross-compiling fontconfig-2.2.0. I'm building on
i386-linux with a target of arm-linux. I've tried various permutations of the
--host, --build, and --target options to the configure script, but still run
into problems during make and make install, when it tries to execute the (just
built) fc-lang or fc-cache programs.

I can force it to work by hacking up the makefile, but would prefer a clean
build from the tarball if that's possible. Is there some option(s) I'm missing ?
Or should I just live with my ugly hacking ?

Thanks,

Jace Krull
Balatech, Inc.
www.balatech.com