[Fontconfig] Release 2.2.90

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Jun 9 13:25:11 PDT 2003

Having done a 2.2.1 for the stable branch, I figured I should do a version
on the unstable head as well.  It's 2.2.90, the first unstable release
in preparation for 2.3.0.

For 2.3, I'd like to add multilingual font name support, but otherwise I'm
pretty happy with how things are working.  Please comment if there are
problems with 2.2.90 that should be fixed before 2.3 ships.

-keith

2003-06-09  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Tag version 2.2.90

2003-06-09  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Optimization in FcLangSetIndex was broken, occasionally
          returning a pointer to the wrong location on miss

        * Add fc-match to test font matching from the command line.

2003-05-31  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * (Bug 85) add support for culmus fonts
        * (Bug 87) Automake 1.4 doesn't do man_MAN1 correctly
        * (Bug 88) Fix usage info on non-long option systems (Tim Mooney)

2003-05-28  James Su <suzhe at turbolinux.com.cn>

        * Fix "contains" op for strings and langsets.

2003-05-17  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Fix build error with BDF prop local.  Free langset after query

2003-05-14  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Extract spacing from XLFD atom

2003-05-12  Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr>

        * Reinstate SETWIDTH_NAME parsing for legacy fonts,
          disappeared in 1.30.

        * Generate FC_SIZE and FC_DPI for legacy bitmap fonts

2003-05-12  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Use FcIsWidth to share code

        * Set FT_LOAD_IGNORE_GLOBAL_ADVANCE_WIDTH when scanning fonts to avoid
          misclassifying some Han fonts as monospaced.

2003-05-07  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Add filename-based accept/reject to ammend available fonts.

        * Change FT_ENCODING_ADOBE_CUSTOM to ft_encoding_adobe_custom for
          older FreeType releases.

2003-05-06  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Remove 0b82 and Tamil numbers from tamil
          orthography (Jungshik Shin <jshin at mailaps.org>)

2003-05-04  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        + Map glyph names in fonts with adobe custom encoding to unicode

2003-05-02  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Add FC_WEIGHT_BOOK as weight 75

2003-04-30  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Typo in bitstream foundry name

2003-04-24  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Eliminate italic_angle check for PS fonts

2003-04-23  Noah Levitt <nlevitt at columbia.edu>

        * Getting closer to fixing /etc/fonts hard-coding.

2003-04-22  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com>

        * Update autogen.sh to work with newer automake versions
        * Handle pattern elements moving during multiple edits

2003-04-23  James Henstridge  <james at daa.com.au>

        * doc/fontconfig-devel.sgml: close the <para> element.

        * doc/fcpattern.fncs: close the <para> element.

        * doc/func.sgml: close the <refsynopsisdiv> element.

2003-04-22  Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com