[Fontconfig] Problem with font languages in 2.2.90

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Jul 19 12:03:46 PDT 2003

Around 15 o'clock on Jul 18, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> I upgraded to 2.2.90, and I noticed that most Mozilla-based browsers no
> longer have any fonts for Western encoding.

Yeah, it's broken and I posted a description of the problem a few days
ago.  It's "hard" to get right, but I think the semantics I describe here:

http://mail.fontconfig.org/pipermail/fontconfig/2003-July/000528.html

are what we want.  I won't have time to look at this until the middle of
august(!) because of OLS and vacation, but anyone else would be welcome to
help out here...