[Fontconfig] Re: [XFree86] fontconfig and xft2-- where is release 2.1.1?

James D Strandboge fontconfig@fontconfig.org
28 Feb 2003 08:21:03 -0500

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 02:46, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 0 o'clock on Feb 28, James D Strandboge wrote:
>
> > I noticed that fontconfig/xft2 release 2.1.1 is/will be in XFree86
> > 4.3.0.
>
> I'm currently putting together a fontconfig 2.2 release and I'll package up
> Xrender, Xft1 and Xft2 along with it using (approximately) the bits in
> XFree86 4.3.

That's great, and I just discovered the fontconfig archives.  You asked
for bugs that people hoped would be fixed.  I found what I think is a
fontconfig/xft2 bug that I didn't see in the archive.

When using mozilla (1.2.1) with xft (2.1) enabled, loading a binary
files crashes mozilla (or any mozilla based browser like galeon).  If
xft2 is disabled, mozilla does not crash.  Eg:

http://www.mit.edu/afs/athena/user/d/a/daveg/Src/ATHENA/third/gnome-system-monitor/po/am.gmo

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=182850 for more
information.  I am not sure how to debug fontconfig other than the
strace given in the debian bug report, but would be happy to try
different things.

Jamie

--
Email:        jstrand1@rochester.rr.com