[Fontconfig] Switch to automake

Keith Packard fontconfig@fontconfig.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:23:37 -0800

To resolve ongoing problems with library creation on various operating
systems, and to make the configuration process more consistent with other
packages, I've replaced the pure autoconf configuration mechanism with
automake.

Part of this process involved getting a change into libtool that allows
packages to explicitly specify library version numbers; that should make
it into libtool 1.5, but for now, I'm simply including a version of ltmain.sh
incorporating this change in the fontconfig CVS.

I'm very interested in hearing of any problems this causes, as well as any
bugs it fixes.

-keith